In this ambit the activity of Crop Protection Technology Research Group is mainly addressed to develop and implement new standardized test methods and to design and set up the necessary test benches. In this view, the research group is involved in working groups ISO/TC 23/SC6 (Equipment for Crop Protection), CEN TC144/WG3 and in ENTAM (European Network for Testing of Agricultural Machines).
Among the ISO International Standards developed, under development and under revision/development with the contribution of the Crop Protection Technology Research Group there are:
- ISO 21278: Equipment for crop protection – Induction hoppers;
- ISO 22368: Crop protection equipment – Test methods for the evaluation of cleaning systems;
- EN ISO 19932: Equipment for crop protection – Knapsack sprayers – safety an environmental requirements
- ISO 28139: Equipment for crop protection – Knapsack combustion engine-driven air-blast sprayers – Safety and environmental requirements;
- ISO 12809: Crop protection equipment – Reciprocating positive displacement pumps and centrifugal pumps;
- ISO 22401: Equipment for crop protection – Method for measurement of potential spray drift from horizontal boom sprayers by the use of a test bench;
- EN ISO 16119: Agricultural and forestry machinery – Environmental requirements for sprayers;
- EN ISO 16122: Agricultural and forestry machinery – Inspection of sprayers in use.
- ISO 5682 Equipment for crop protection — Spraying equipment — Part 1: Test methods for sprayer nozzles; Part 2: Test methods to assess the horizontal transverse distribution for hydraulic sprayers; Part 3: Test method to assess the performance of volume/area adjustment systems
- ISO/CD 5682 Equipment for crop protection — Spraying equipment — Part 4: Test Methods for Tank Agitation
- ISO DIS 21191: Close transfer systems. Performace Specifications
Among the EN Standards (CEN WG3) two new proposals are under development :
- Agricultural end forestry machinery: environmental requirements for granule applicators of Plant Protection Product;
- Agricultural end forestry machinery: environmental requirements for dusters.